Audio recording is longer than the written post – explanation below or just click play above.
I can be a bit of a perfectionist. Okay, maybe more than a bit. But I am trying to work on it and I am getting better.
There’s several problems with being a perfectionist:
- You put off finishing jobs because you want to wait until it’s perfect.
- You procrastinate taking on new projects because you don’t have the time to do it perfect.
- You can’t delegate to other people and you actually believe the old saying “if you want it done right, do it yourself.”
- You’re annoying to other people.
- Worst of all you are always TIRED
And the worst thing about being tired is that your perfectionism often won’t let you admit that you are tired, so you keep pressing on through force of will – until you are in adrenal exhaustion.
I’m launching a new Journey Home series on adrenal exhaustion, which is super common in modern times. The idea that maybe we should be human and not superhuman is part of the healing process for many, hence the title of the blog.
The rest of the post is in the audio – because I can talk faster than I can write and I’m trying to get this done, not make it perfect. Click play above to listen.
Read more information about this healing webinar series here.